Here are the beginnings of my final mural in Omaha.
I finally get to do my Dr. Seuss room! Because we adopted a wondefully cute little baby boy!
Just some more sketches, just to show the process. First we draw, then we erase, then we draw again 'til it's right, then we perfect those lines, then comes the fun part! Painting! And lastly the outlines. (which is also fun)
Here is another great shot of me. From behind. Thanks husband. In the process, as before. This time with some life to it. I had to change the colors a couple of times. What looked good in the book I was trying to match (color-wise) didn't look so great on the wall to me. I was also changed the pink in the picture to purple, slightly less feminine for our little tike.
Let's take a break from Dr. S for a while...I did. Twice while doing that mural I took a break and worked on a couple of murals for neighbors. This was was for a minister of a different faith who wanted a scripture in the spaces between some family photos. The scripture is appropriately enough about raising children. (Great family!). We went over layout, came up with several possibilities, and then decided on this. The father borrowed a projector screan and printed out the words how they would fit between the pictures for me. I'm not sure it was the best way, but it was the fastest to be sure. It cut out a lot of time sketching out letters. The only problem I ran into was that the projection screen stretching things out around the edges. I tried fixing it the best I could, and though not perfect, it worked out alright.
Here is a close up of the lettering. (Yes it is supposed to be bumpy like that =) This was a calligraphy font that I really loved because of the inperfectness of it. It also worked with the texture of the walls which is always 'fun' to work over and get straight lines to look straight.